[Yanel-dev] Re: Access Control User Interface

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Wed Jan 31 18:35:47 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 11:04 +0100, Michael Wechner wrote:
> Josias Thöny wrote:

> >>the identity is a container for
> >>
> >>user
> >>machine/ip-range
> >>world
> >>group
> >>

> >IIUC the identity is either a user, or a machine, or world, etc. But
> >it's not everything at the same time, or is it?
> >

> no. A user does also have an IP and can be part of a group or many groups

Yes, of course. But the question is how to model that in the code...
For the user management we proposed to add classes like User, Group
etc.,  and it's not clear to me how this would relate to the Identity.

Maybe we just keep the Identity as it is and implement the user
management somehow separately. I don't know...

josias