[Yanel-dev] versioning

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Sat Jan 27 22:38:42 CET 2007

Josias Thöny wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Finally we have some basic versioning with checkin/checkout and the
>possibility to view old revisions.

this is great news :-)

> Restoring old revisions is not
>possible yet, but not much is missing.
>Note that there is no real gui yet.
>
>If you want to try it out, you have to switch to the new repo
>implementation. To do so, replace the content in:
>src/realms/yanel-website/config/repository.xml
>by:
>
><repository class="org.wyona.yarep.impl.repo.fs.FileSystemRepository">
>  <name>Yanel Website Repository</name>
>  <paths src="../paths">
>    <ignore pattern=".*\.svn"/>
>  </paths>
>  <content src="../content"/>
></repository>
>
>When you edit and save a document with yulup, a new revision will be
>created. With the request parameter yanel.resource.meta one is able to
>see a list of revision numbers.
>An old revision can be visualized by appending the request parameter
>yanel.resource.revision=1234 with the corresponding revision number.

How do we handle pages which are being aggregated from various content
nodes?

>The versioning also includes checkin/checkout, which means that if user
>A opens a document in yulup and then user B wants to do the same, he
>will get an error message saying that the document is already checked
>out by user A.
>The problem is that if user A closes yulup without saving, the document
>remains in checked out state. This should be fixed somehow.
>
>Any feedback is welcome.
>Any ideas for the gui? Should it be done within yulup?

both ;-)

In the case of Yulup I would suggest a sidebar where the version numbers
are being displayed.

Also we need to decide re Neutron. See the following Amendment:

http://neutron.wyona.org/amendments/versions.html