[Yanel-dev] Implementing Blog functionality

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Wed Jan 10 09:31:42 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 17:32 +0100, Michael Wechner wrote:
> Josias Thöny wrote:
[...]
> >FYI, we have started to completely rework the repository layer. I have
> >committed a draft of the new interfaces Node, Property, and Repository
> >(new methods at the bottom). The idea is to deprecate all the old stuff
> >later on.
> >The new interfaces are supposed to eventually support querying, but it's
> >not there yet. What I have in mind is something like
> >repository.getQueryManager().executeQuery("...my query...")
> >

> why use getQueryManager and not directly executeQuery?

because
- SoC: it separates the query handling code from the other repository
code
- there could be different QueryManager implementations even for one
repository implementation

But I did not really think a lot about the query handling yet. The API
is not there yet, and of course we can discuss how to do it.

josias