[Yanel-dev] A note on cadaver re trailing slash

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Jan 10 00:02:29 CET 2007

Hi

This might be a bit off-topic, but might be good to know for people
testing the WebDAV interface of Yanel with cadaver.

It seems that "cadaver" is always appending a trailing slash, e.g. executing

cadaver http://127.0.0.1:8080/yanel-website/img/download-flower.gif

will lead to a servlet path

/yanel-website/img/download-flower.gif/

which means cadaver adds a trailing slash (during PROPFIND) and seems to
assume that an intial request should always be a collection.

It confused me quite a bit and I hope that above is the correct explanation.

michael.wechner at wyona.com                        michi at apache.org