[Yanel-dev] Implementing Blog functionality

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Tue Jan 9 17:08:15 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 16:25 +0100, Michael Wechner wrote:
> Andreas Wuest wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Over the weekend, I've created a blog publication.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I've already maxed out the current Yanel Atom
> > implementation, as well as the repository layer.
> >
> > In order to create a real blog, I need query functionality, for which
> > an XML database backend is required.
> >
> > What would be the best way to integrate an XML database like e.g.
> > eXist or Xindice into Yanel?
> >
> https://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yarep/trunk/src/impl/java/org/wyona/yarep/impl/repo
>
> resp. other working implementations can be found at
>
> https://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yarep/trunk/src/impl/java/org/wyona/yarep/core/impl
>
> (for historical reasons the package name contains the "core" name, which
> is a TODO to remove)

FYI, we have started to completely rework the repository layer. I have
committed a draft of the new interfaces Node, Property, and Repository
(new methods at the bottom). The idea is to deprecate all the old stuff
later on.
The new interfaces are supposed to eventually support querying, but it's
not there yet. What I have in mind is something like
repository.getQueryManager().executeQuery("...my query...") which would
return a set of nodes. I hope this could be useful when writing a repo
implementation which is based on an (xml-) database.
Probably it doesn't make much sense at the current stage to write new
repo implementations using the old interfaces.
Any feedback about the new interfaces is welcome...

josias