[Yanel-dev] Yanel out-of-the-box fails to run

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Fri Jan 5 00:11:57 CET 2007

Jonathan Addison wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Jonathan Addison wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Andreas,
>>>
>>> Just confirming your observation, I get the following error when
>>> accessing http://localhost:8080/yanel on WinXP:
>>

>> have you deleted resp. updated your local conf (according to Josias'
>> email)?
>

> Yes I deleted the local conf directory, then ran configure again, but
> at the step where we are prompted to continue the configuration or
> rather build, I chose to build.  Then it uses the default conf files
> and the local conf files are not created, and this is when the error
> occurs.

well, I have just tested it right now on Max OS X and Linux Debian and
it works without a problem (just as you describe above).

I will test as well on Windows tomorrow, whereas I would actually be
surprised if it wouldn't work ;-) (but please see below)

>>> javax.servlet.ServletException: No bean named 'policyManager' is
>>> defined

have you checked conf/spring-yanel-config.xml resp.
TOMCAT/webapps/yanel/WEB-INF/classes/spring-yanel-config.xml

?

Are you sure that all files have been overwritten and there is no
timestamp problem?

michael.wechner at wyona.com                        michi at apache.org