[Yanel-dev] Problem reading realms.xml ...

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Mon Feb 26 21:53:37 CET 2007

Michael Wechner wrote:
> Josias Thöny wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Michael Wechner wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> After upgrading I receive the following error (with my local conf
>>> settings)
>>>
>>> Error reading realm configuration from file
>>> /home/michi/src/wyona/public/yanel/trunk/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.20/webapps/yanel/WEB-INF/classes/realms.xml:
>>> Not allowed to define mixed content in the element p at null:34:4
>>>

>>> whereas the log-files say something else
>>>

>>> 3384 2007-02-26 15:33:18,695 [http-8080-Processor24] ERROR
>>> org.wyona.security.impl.yarep.YarepUserManager.init():72  - Not
>>> allowed to define mixed content in the element p at null:34:4
>>

>> The problem might come from a invalid file in the ac-identities
>> repository, and it's probably not directly caused by realms.xml.
>> I was going to improve the error message, but I didn't have time yet.
>> However, I have no idea what might be wrong with which file, I only
>> can say it's probably caused by a file in the ac-identities repo of a
>> realm which only exists in your local.realms.xml.
>

> there seems to be a problem with the Yarep Website realm
>
> <realm id="yarep-website" mount-point="/yarep-website/">
>  <name>Yarep Website</name>
>  <config
> src="/home/michi/src/wyona/public/yarep/trunk/src/realms/yarep-website/config/yanel-realm-config.xml"/>
>
> </realm>
>
> all other realms I have registered seem to be fine.

The problem with the yarep-website realm is that the identities are
stored in the same directory as the content. When the UserManager tries
to find all stored users, it reads all files under the root node using
the avalon ConfigurationBuilder, which throws an exception on the normal
xhtml content files.

We could change the UserManager to ignore these errors, but I think a
better solution would be to move the identities (and also the policies)
to separate repositories. This makes sense for security reasons anyway.
WDYT?

Josias