[Yanel-dev] Bug re uodating profile

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Mon Feb 26 16:54:30 CET 2007

Michael Wechner wrote:
> Hi
>
> It seems to me that there is a bug re updating a user profile
>
> -  <email>lenya at foo.bar</email>
> -  <password type="md5">8e07dafd13495561db9063ebe4db4b27</password>
> -
> -  <groups>
> -    <group>editor</group>
> -    <group>admin</group>
> -  </groups>
> -</identity>
> +<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> +<user id="lenya">
> +<name>Hugo</name>
> +<email>lenya at foo.bar</email>
> +<password>8e07dafd13495561db9063ebe4db4b27</password>
> +</user>
>

> It seems like the association with groups are being deleted. I guess
> this shouldn't be, right?

In the new implementation, the group membership is stored in the file of
the group, and not in the file of the user.
If old user files are edited with the new implementation, the group info
is lost. But with the old implementation groups have never been working
anyway, so I don't consider it a big problem.

Josias