[Yanel-dev] User and Group Management

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Thu Feb 15 10:04:28 CET 2007

Josias Thöny wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've added interfaces and a yarep-based implementation for user and
> group management to the security package. It allows to
> add/modify/delete users and groups, and to manage the membership of
> users to groups.
>
> Paloma, do you think it would be a lot of work to modify your
> UserResource to use this API?
>
> I made the UserManager and the GroupManager accessible via the
> IdentityManager:
>     identityManager.getUserManager()
> and
>     identityManager.getGroupManager()
> I'm not completely happy with that, any suggestions on how to improve
> this are welcome. Should those two managers be instantiated via spring
> instead?

how do we instantiate different implementions with this, e.g. LDAP,
OpenID, ...?

I think I remember now how I intended to do it in the first place:

-  Having a generic API (independent of the implementation)
-  Using different Yarep implementations for the various usecases
(Default, LDAP, OpenID, ...)