[Yanel-dev] Modifiable vs. Deletable

Andreas Wuest awuest at student.ethz.ch
Tue Feb 6 01:31:37 CET 2007

Hi

On 5.2.2007 22:45 Uhr, Michael Wechner wrote:

> Andreas Wuest wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Wouldn't it make sense to have a Deletable interface instead of
>> mingling Modifiable with a delete() method? Some documents may well be
>> creatable and deletable, but not modifiable, so we would need a
>> Deletable interface there.
>>
> yes, many resources need CRUD
>
> Creatable
> Readable whereas it seems to me Viewable is more general
> Updatable (see Modifieable)
> Deletable

+1

> For instance the world-time resource type
> (https://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yanel/contributions/resources/world-time)
> should be creatable and deletable and doesn't have to be modifiable (at
> least not in the first place).
>
> So what would a deletable interface have to look like. I guess a
> delete() method  but what about a trash method to recover?

At least delete(), yes! trash() would be interesting too, for recovery.
Then, there is also the question of archiving.

I'd also like to toss in the idea of "moveable". This would move the
node to a new place, and install a redirect.

I guess copying can be emulated by read and then write.

--
Kind regards,
Andi