[Yanel-dev] tinyMCE and other editors

simon litwan simon.litwan at wyona.com
Mon Feb 5 22:55:15 CET 2007

hi all

i would like to integrate tinyMCE into yanel.

the first problem to solve is what triggers the editor-view. this could
be solved if we would implement request-parameter matching which which
would give back the rti resp. rc.

so if index.html?editor=tinyMCE is requested and matcher for
editor=tinyMCE exists which gives the rti resp. rc back with
resourcetype tinyMCE.

or is there a better way?

then i see some other problems which i'm not sure how to solve.

editors are providing resources like images, javascript etc. i think it
would be nice if this files could stay in the resource-type folder. but
how to access them if they are not in the data-repository?
should the build process copy this resources to data-repository?

a lot of this editors are under a license which is not compatible. can
we use the maven repo to downoad not just jars?

i will come back if i have some more thoughts.

simon

Simon Litwan                               simon.litwan at wyona.com