[Yanel-dev] Modifiable vs. Deletable

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Mon Feb 5 22:45:41 CET 2007

Andreas Wuest wrote:

> Hi
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to have a Deletable interface instead of
> mingling Modifiable with a delete() method? Some documents may well be
> creatable and deletable, but not modifiable, so we would need a
> Deletable interface there.

yes, many resources need CRUD

Creatable
Readable whereas it seems to me Viewable is more general
Updatable (see Modifieable)
Deletable

For instance the world-time resource type
(https://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yanel/contributions/resources/world-time)
should be creatable and deletable and doesn't have to be modifiable (at
least not in the first place).

So what would a deletable interface have to look like. I guess a
delete() method  but what about a trash method to recover?

michael.wechner at wyona.com                        michi at apache.org