[Yanel-dev] Re: Access Control User Interface

Paloma Gomez paloma.gomez at wyona.com
Thu Feb 1 18:07:57 CET 2007

> On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 11:04 +0100, Michael Wechner wrote:
>> Josias Thöny wrote:

>> following
>> interface.

>> containing

>> >IIUC the identity is either a user, or a machine, or world, etc. But
>> >it's not everything at the same time, or is it?
>> >

>> no. A user does also have an IP and can be part of a group or many
>> groups
>
> Yes, of course. But the question is how to model that in the code...
> For the user management we proposed to add classes like User, Group
> etc.,  and it's not clear to me how this would relate to the Identity.

It's not clear to me either, maybe because I'm used to the Lenya approach.

> Maybe we just keep the Identity as it is and implement the user
> management somehow separately. I don't know...

I thought about that too... But would be Identity used for then? When I
started thinking about this, my first idea was that the IdentityManager
was similar to the Authenticator in Lenya, and I had to implement users,
groups... I don't see where the Identity fits here.

I think I don't get the idea because it's a completely new approach
(having everything into Identity). Maybe with some examples we could
understand it better.

Regards,
Paloma