[Yanel-dev] String.replaceAll problem

Evaldas Taroza etaroza at optaros.com
Fri Dec 7 11:20:10 CET 2007

Hi,
I am on Windows and I get many many errors logged when I open Yanel web
page. Most of them are generated in YanelServlet 1979 line and what
matters is:

htdocsPath = "yanel-htdocs" + path.split("::" + name)[1].split("/" +
reservedPrefix)[1].replaceAll("/", File.separator);

I debugged that line and it appears that replaceAll("/", File.separator)
causes problems.

In windows the path separator is "\" which on the above replacement
causes StringIndexOutOfBoundsException. What actually works is

replaceAll("/", "\\\\")

and I am not sure how to solve it. Maybe the replacement is not needed
at all? Or the bug is in the regular java expressions?

Evaldas