[Yanel-dev] icons

simon litwan simon.litwan at wyona.com
Tue Aug 28 13:39:02 CEST 2007

hi all

i think in order to have a nice gui we need icons. since we don't have
the time or resource to design a yanel icon set we should take an
existing one.
i found two intersting projects:
http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Desktop_Project
http://icon-king.com/?p=15

the tango icons are licensed under a cc licens (see:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/) and i'm not sure we can
use it. but it comes with an svg file for each icon and a color palette
which makes it easy to design missing icons in the same style.

the icon-king nuvola icons are lincensed under lgpl and i'm not sure we
can use it. it's more complete but has no svg source and could be harder
  design missing icons in the same style.

WDYT?

simon

Simon Litwan                               simon.litwan at wyona.com