[Yanel-dev] Translations

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Tue Apr 17 18:47:18 CEST 2007

Michael Wechner wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks to Josias we can now link arbitrary URLs which are translations
> of each other, see for instance
>
> src/realms/yanel-website/content/translations.xml
>
> I would like to make some suggestions:
>
> 1) I think it would be good if we could introduce a root node
>
> <translations>
>  <pages>
>
> instead only <pages> in order to make clear what this file is good for
> from a self-contained point of view.

That's fine with me. Although if <pages> is the only child of
<translations>, I'm not sure if it makes sense to have both.

> 2) I think we need to introduce a namespace in order to comply with DOM2
> (at least a default namespace)

Actually I don't think DOM2 *requires* namespaces, but it's ok with me
to add one.

> 3) I think we should introduce a default mapping implementation, e.g.
>
> <translations  default-impl-class="Suffix.class">
>
> e.g. /about_en.html and /about_de.html
>
> or
>
> <translations default-impl-class="Prefix.class">
>
> e.g. /en/about.html and /de/about.html
>
> whereas these implementations would only apply if no <page><translation
> path="... would be found.

Actually I considered the translation file as internal to the
translation implementation. That's why I wrote in another mail that the
file should only be edited via the API.
For the same reason I would rather implement the default mapping right
into a subclass of the DefaultTranslationManager and make this class
configurable per realm.

josias