[Yanel-dev] Translations

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Tue Apr 17 16:30:28 CEST 2007

Hi

Thanks to Josias we can now link arbitrary URLs which are translations
of each other, see for instance

src/realms/yanel-website/content/translations.xml

I would like to make some suggestions:

1) I think it would be good if we could introduce a root node

<translations>
  <pages>

instead only <pages> in order to make clear what this file is good for
from a self-contained point of view.

2) I think we need to introduce a namespace in order to comply with DOM2
(at least a default namespace)

3) I think we should introduce a default mapping implementation, e.g.

<translations  default-impl-class="Suffix.class">

e.g. /about_en.html and /about_de.html

or

<translations default-impl-class="Prefix.class">

e.g. /en/about.html and /de/about.html

whereas these implementations would only apply if no <page><translation
path="... would be found.

WDYT?

michael.wechner at wyona.com                        michi at apache.org