[Yanel-dev] Toolbar

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Sun Apr 15 23:20:20 CEST 2007

Hi

The Toolbar menus are now configurable per Realm, e.g. take a look at
the Welcome or Yanel Website realm configuration:

src/realms/welcome-admin/yanel/config/yanel-realm-config.xml

src/realms/yanel-website/config/yanel-realm-config.xml

whereas this lead me to the first questio if one shouldn't use a
different namespace for this and also
more the method Realm.getMenuClass() into some other class, because this
seems to me a "webapp thing" and not
really part of the core?

WDYT?

My second question is about the API:

src/core/java/org/wyona/yanel/servlet/menu/Menu.java

which I did very quickly and I am sure some of you have much better
ideas how to do this better.

Any suggestions are very welcome :-)

My third question is about how we shall add java libraries of a realm,
for instance the class

src/core/java/org/wyona/yanel/servlet/menu/impl/YanelWebsiteMenu.java

should rather go into the Yanel Website Realm, which I guess means that
a realm can also have a build.xml file just as
a resource has.

WDYT?

My fourth point is not a question but rather a comment that I will also
make the menus configurable per resource configuration

michael.wechner at wyona.com                        michi at apache.org