[Yanel-dev] Usecase Framework (again)

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Sat Apr 14 01:00:54 CEST 2007

Hi,

In order to avoid overlapping functionality between resources and
usecases, I've tried to rewrite the usecase framework s.t. each usecase
is a resource. This means each usecase class extends UsecaseResource,
and all the generic code is inside of UsecaseResource.

Basically this works, but there are some issues with the build system.

If each usecase is a resource, it means that each usecase needs its own
build files, which is overkill IMHO.
In case of e.g. the user management there may be a lot of usecases like
"list users", "create user", "edit user profile", "delete user", etc.
These usecase all have an identical build system, so it would be nice to
pack them together somehow.
Maybe we could allow to have multiple resources inside of one resource
directory to share the build stuff. For example all the user management
usecases could be in the directory:
YANEL_HOME/src/resources/usermgmt/
and there would be a config file for each usecase:

resource-listusers.xml
resource-createuser.xml

The ResourceTypeRegistry would then find all resource-*.xml files in the
resource directory.

WDYT? Any better ideas?

The other problem is that I wanted to put all the generic usecase
classes into a "usecase" resource. But for the build system, this would
imply that the resources which implement actual usecases would depend on
that resource, and I don't know if our build system supports that very well.
So maybe it would be easier to add the generic usecase classes to the
core instead of putting them into a resource directory.

WDYT?

Josias