[Yanel-development] MapFactory and spring framework

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Nov 22 23:43:10 CET 2006

Paloma Gomez wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>After having a look at the MapFactory, I have realized that we could
>remove it and use the new spring functionality instead.
>
>We could replace
>[code]
>MapFactory mf = MapFactory.newInstance();
>map = mf.newMap();
>[/code]
>
>in Yanel.java, YanelServlet.java and YanelCommandLine.java with
>
>[code]
>Map map = (Map) yanel.getBeanFactory().getBean("map");
>[/code]
>
>and in the case of LinkChecker.java, it would be:
>
>[code]
>Yanel.getInstance().getBeanFactory().getBean("map")
>[/code]

I think that would make sense

>The only problem is that we should readjust the build process

you mean the build process of the core? If so, then NO ;-) because
the core cannot depend on the Wiki resource resp. has to provide something
special for a specific resource as for instance the Wiki resource

> to make the
>spring framework classes available to the Wiki resource.

or do you mean that we need to change the dependencies of Wiki:

src/contributions/resources/wiki/src/build/dependencies.xml

adding the spring libs there? If so, then YES ;-)