[Yanel-development] Some questions on bug 4985 (Implement chain of responsibility)

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Tue Nov 21 12:00:22 CET 2006

Paloma Gomez wrote:

>Dear Michael,
>
>I am writing to you directly because I have some doubts about the notes
>you wrote in the IRC yesterday. However, if you prefer it, I will forward
>this e-mail to the yanel development list as well.

I think, you did forward this already ;-)

>I have had a look at MapImpl.java and MapFactoryImpl.java as you told me
>to do. When a request is processed, the method getResourceTypeIdentifier
>is invoked in order to find out the resource type corresponding to the
>document requested. This method appends *.yanel-rti to the given path and
>searches for the resulting file name. If there isn't any file matching
>that name, it returns a default resource type (file) and writes the
>message "TODO: Implement chain of responsibility ..." in the log file.

right

>I guess I should implement a sort of fallback mechanism so that if there
>is not a file named path/to/file.yanel-rti the MapImpl tries to find
>path/to.yanel-rti and so on.

right, which could be configured per realm or something like that and
wouldn't be hardcoded

>However, this has nothing to do with some of the notes you wrote yesterday
>in the IRC, which makes me think that I might not have understood what you
>tried to explain. There were references to MANIFEST files

Currently the MapFactoryImpl is hardcoded within MapFactory and should
actually
be retrieved through a MANIFEST or something like this similar to Xerces
is being loaded
dynamically and not hardcoded withi xml-apis

> and the
>build.xml file that don't seem to fit anywhere.

I guess I meant that the MapFactoryImpl could be configured within
build.properties or something like that, but
I am not sure myself ;-)

HTH

Michael