[Yanel-development] Some questions on bug 4985 (Implement chain of responsibility)

Paloma Gomez paloma.gomez at wyona.com
Tue Nov 21 10:18:57 CET 2006

Dear Michael,

I am writing to you directly because I have some doubts about the notes
you wrote in the IRC yesterday. However, if you prefer it, I will forward
this e-mail to the yanel development list as well.

I have had a look at MapImpl.java and MapFactoryImpl.java as you told me
to do. When a request is processed, the method getResourceTypeIdentifier
is invoked in order to find out the resource type corresponding to the
document requested. This method appends *.yanel-rti to the given path and
searches for the resulting file name. If there isn't any file matching
that name, it returns a default resource type (file) and writes the
message "TODO: Implement chain of responsibility ..." in the log file.

I guess I should implement a sort of fallback mechanism so that if there
is not a file named path/to/file.yanel-rti the MapImpl tries to find
path/to.yanel-rti and so on.

However, this has nothing to do with some of the notes you wrote yesterday
in the IRC, which makes me think that I might not have understood what you
tried to explain. There were references to MANIFEST files and the
build.xml file that don't seem to fit anywhere. What has this to do with
MapImpl.java?

Thanks

Paloma

.