[Yanel-development] resource.xml, *.rtd and *.yanel-rti files

yanel-development at wyona.com yanel-development at wyona.com
Wed Nov 15 14:29:30 CET 2006

Hi all (again;)),

I have been studying how resources types are defined and now I've got some
questions:

1.It seems that a resource type implementation can be placed either in
src/resources or src/contributions/resources. What's the difference
between these places?
2.Each resource type has a resource.xml file where the following
properties are defined:

a. name, associated namespace, implementing class
b. description
c. rtd section. The different attributes that can be set in the
corresponding *.rtd file are defined here.

There is one thing I don't fully understand regarding this issue. In Yanel
Website we have a folder content/rtd where the different *.rtd files for
the different resource types are placed. However, in Yulup website we have
got *.yanel-rti files which are used the same way these *.rtd files are
used. What's the difference between rti and rtd? Can I have rti files in
Yanel Website as well?
3. Why does content/rtd/atom.rtd have file here:
[code]
<{http://www.wyona.org/yanel/resource/1.0}file/>
mime-type: application/atom+xml
[/code]

if the corresponding resource.xml says it should be atom
[code]
<resource xmlns="http://www.wyona.org/yanel/1.0"
  name="atom"
[/code]

For instance, the nutch resource type is coherent:
resource.xml:
[code]
<resource xmlns="http://www.wyona.org/yanel/1.0"
  name="nutch"