[Yanel-development] .yanel-rti files and atom feed

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Wed Nov 15 11:43:59 CET 2006

Hi Paloma,

On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 10:18 +0100, Paloma Gomez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have noticed that the Yulup website has a folder called rti-content
> whereas Yanel website hasn't. This folder contains information related to
> the different documents that belong to Yulup Website. I would like to know
> why Yanel website does not need this folder.

I think yanel can use two different repositories to store the actual
content and to store the rti stuff.
For the yulup website, those repositories are configured in the
following files:
website/yanel/config/data-repository
website/yanel/yanel-rti-repository.xml

For the yanel website, both repositories seem to use the same
configuration file (src/realms/yanel-website/config/repository.xml) and
therefore use the same repository. That means the actual paths and the
rti-paths are stored in the same directory.
If you look in the directory yanel-website/paths, you can find some
*.yanel-rti paths, most of them point to the files in content/rtd.

Actually I think it's quite confusing...
Wouldn't it make sense to set up the different repositories in a more
consistent way?

> For instance:
>
> Download section of Yulup Website, document index.html
> --------------------------------
> $YULUP_WEBSITE/download
> --------------------------------
> index.html -> The actual content
> [...]
> ------------------------------------
> $YULUP_WEBSITE/yanel/data-paths/download
> ---------------------------------
> /index.html/.yarep-uid
> /index.xhtml/.yarep-uid
> Those files contain the path to reach the content
> [...]
> $YULUP_WEBSITE/yanel/rti-content/download
> index.html.yanel-rti
>
> This file has the following content:
>
> <{http://www.wyona.org/yanel/resource/1.0}xml/>
> mime-type: application/xhtml+xml
> xslt: /xslt/global.xsl
> yanel-path: /download/release-atom-entries/

> I can't find files like this one in Yanel Website.
>
> I need to know how to express this kind of information for the Yanel
> Website. I have already added an entry to Yanel Website to introduce an
> atom feed. I get the atom sidebar but the feed is empty. In Yulup Website
> the name and the author of the feed are set in:
>
> $YULUP_WEBSITE/yanel/rti-content/download/release-atom-entries-as-rss.xml.yanel-rti
> <{http://www.wyona.org/yanel/resource/1.0}atom/>
> mime-type: application/xml
> feed-title: Releases                                  <= HERE
> author: Yulup Release Manager                         <= HERE
> xslt: /xslt/atomfeed2rss2.0.xsl
> entries-path: /download/release-atom-entries
> self-url:
> http://www.yulup.org/download/release-atom-entries/?yanel.resource.viewid=atom
> #self-url:
> http://www.yulup.org:9190/ulysses/download/release-atom-entries/?yanel.resource.viewid=atom
>
> I don't know where to specify the same information for the Yanel Website.
> The Yanel Website does have *.yanel-rti folders where the resource type is
> specified in a .yarep-uid file, but I haven't found a place where I can
> set the feed title and the author.

I think the files are stored in yanel-website/content/rtd/

> In addition to this, I get the following error message any time I try to
> access my atom feed:
> AtomException:Yulup:atom.js:Atom.parserFactory: Atom version
> "http://www.wyona.org/yanel/1.0" not supported.

still no idea about this one.

josias