[Yanel-dev] subject line prefix

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Thu Dec 21 11:26:33 CET 2006

Josias Thöny wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I changed the subject line prefix from [Yanel-development] to
>[Yanel-dev], because the former one is too long and I was not able to
>see the real subject anymore in my mail reader.
>
>If there are any objections I'm open to a discussion.

fine with me, but I think it's important to understand why we did it in
the first
place.

dev could stand for development or developer, but there is huge
difference between these
two terms. development is a topic and developer is a group.

The mailing list is about the topic development and NOT about the group
developer.

Very important to know and understand!

This is why we used the whole word "development" to make this clear.