[Yanel-development] Asking for suggestions for Yarep Website's About Page

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Dec 20 23:52:11 CET 2006

Paloma Gomez wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am currently working on a website for Yarep and I would like to ask you
>for ideas on what should be included in the About Page.
>
>What makes it different (and better) to other content repositories?

it's very simple

Repository.getOutputStream(Path) resp. Repository.getWriter(Path)
Repository.getInputStream(Path) resp. Repository.getReader(Path)

>What are the main features that should be listed and that make it special?

It's a very simple (minimal) data abstraction interface

>In other words, why should one want to download it and give it a try?

if you have an application which needs to access a data repository
but you don't want create a big overhead for data source abstraction as
with JSR but also you don't want to hardcode this specific data
repository, then
Yarep is great for you :-)

HTH

Michi