[Yanel-development] How to re-initialize spring config

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Tue Dec 12 09:23:33 CET 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-10 at 11:59 +0100, Michael Wechner wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to add a new realm "on-the-fly". How can one re-initialize
> the spring config?

The spring ApplicationContext has a method "refresh()" to reload the
configuration. However, I'm not sure if it's safe to call this when the
application is running. I have to investigate.
Another option is to write our own implementation of an
ApplicationContext (i mean extending the spring impl), which provides a
reloading functionality. Not sure how hard it is.

Actually, the current spring configuration contains no realm-specific
components. So I'm not sure if it's really necessary to reload the
spring ApplicationContext. Maybe it's enough to add a reload method to
the RepositoryFactory and the RealmConfiguration.
On the other hand, we might have realm-specific components in the
future, which might require to reload the ApplicationContext when a new
realm is added at runtime.

Josias