[Yanel-development] Offline and I18n problem [Fwd: [Yanel-commits] rev 20628 - public/yanel/trunk/src/resources/xml/src/java/org/wyona/yanel/impl/resources]

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Dec 6 23:25:35 CET 2006

Andreas Wuest wrote:

> Hi
>
> On 6.12.2006 23:10 Uhr, Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Andreas Wuest wrote:
>>
>>> Hi

>>> Maybe the document you are trying to parse using the SAXParser
>>> contains a DOCTYPE which points to an external resource?
>>

>> yes, that could be, whereas then we should register it locally:
>>
>> https://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yanel/trunk/conf/entities
>>
>> resp.
>> https://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yanel/trunk/conf/catalog.xml
>

> What should happen if someone creates a new page (e.g. via Yulup) and
> refers to an external entity file?
>
> It looks like the parser should trap such calls, download the DTD, add
> it to the local repository, and register it.

that sounds reasonable

> In order to redirect networked DTDs to the local registry, such a trap
> must exist anyway, no?

IIRC at the moment it first looks up the local registry and when it
doesn't exist there, then it uses the "hypertext link".

So far we have added DTDs by hand to the registry, but what you describe
above seems to make sense, whereas I am not sure how
hard it is to implement it.

michael.wechner at wyona.com                        michi at apache.org