[Yanel-development] Offline and I18n problem [Fwd: [Yanel-commits] rev 20628 - public/yanel/trunk/src/resources/xml/src/java/org/wyona/yanel/impl/resources]

Andreas Wuest awuest at student.ethz.ch
Wed Dec 6 23:14:42 CET 2006

Hi

On 6.12.2006 23:10 Uhr, Michael Wechner wrote:

> Andreas Wuest wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> On 6.12.2006 22:35 Uhr, Michael Wechner wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> It seems that the I18n transformation tries to connect to the
>>> internet and hence it doesn't work when being offline.
>>>
>>> Any idea why it tries to connect to the internet?
>>

>> Maybe the document you are trying to parse using the SAXParser
>> contains a DOCTYPE which points to an external resource?
>

> yes, that could be, whereas then we should register it locally:
>
> https://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yanel/trunk/conf/entities
>
> resp.
> https://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yanel/trunk/conf/catalog.xml

What should happen if someone creates a new page (e.g. via Yulup) and
refers to an external entity file?

It looks like the parser should trap such calls, download the DTD, add
it to the local repository, and register it.

In order to redirect networked DTDs to the local registry, such a trap
must exist anyway, no?

--
Kind regards,
Andi